Study at PhD level

If you are interested in studying PhD courses or become a member of The Resilience Research School at Stockholm Resilience Centre you should start by reading this

When there are PhD positions open you can find all the specific requirements in the specific job announcement. Job vacancies are announced here.

If you want to be involved in research or come in contact with possible supervisors at the Stockholm Resilience Centre you should get in touch with a researcher.

Approach the researchers directly by email or telephone, to propose your thesis/research project. Talk with your research contact about any possibilities to become their PhD student.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. How do I become a PhD student?
In order to read courses at PhD level at Stockholm Resilience Centre you must be admitted to a PhD programme at a university. The Stockholm Resilience Centre self offers a PhD programme in Sustainability Science.

2. How do I become a member of the Resilience Research School?
If your supervisor is affiliated with Stockholm Resilience Centre you can become a member of the Resilience Research School. Have your supervisor contact Magnus Nyström at and ask for admission.

3. Can I get funding for my PhD studies in the Resilience Research School?
If your Stockholm Resilience Centre affiliated supervisor applies for funds, this is a possibility. Talk with your supervisor and your supervisor can contact Magnus Nyström at with questions.

Our research and staff

Read more

Read more about our research

See our Staff pages for more detailed information about our research themes and the researchers involved in these themes.


Stockholm Resilience Centre is a collaboration between Stockholm University and the Beijer Institute of Ecological Economics at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences

Stockholm Resilience Centre
Stockholm University, Kräftriket 2B
Phone: +46 8 674 70 70

Organisation number: 202100-3062
VAT No: SE202100306201