Every year we receive hundreds of requests for publications where centre researchers are first- or co-authors. Below are the ten most frequently requested. Thank you for your requests!
1. Planetary boundaries: guiding human development on a changing planet Author(s): Steffen, W., K. Richardson, J. Rockström, S.E. Cornell, I. Fetzer, E.M. Bennett, R. Biggs, S.R. Carpenter, W. De Vries, C.A. De Wit, C. Folke, D. Gerten, J. Heinke, G.M. Mace, L.M. Persson, V. Ramanathan, B. Reyers, S. Sörlin
2. Natural capital and ecosystem services informing decisions: From promise to practice Author(s): Guerry, A.D., S. Polasky, J. Lubchenco, R. Chaplin-Kramer, G.C. Daily, R. Griffin, M. Ruckelshaus, I.J. Bateman, A. Duraiappah, T. Elmqvist, M.W. Feldman, C. Folke, J. Hoekstra, P.M. Kareiva, B.L. Keeler, S. Li, E. McKenzie, Z. Ouyang, B. Reyers, T.H. Ricketts, J. Rockström, H. Tallis, B. Vira
3. Participatory scenario planning in place-based social-ecological research: Insights and experiences from 23 case studies Author(s): Oteros-Rozas, E., B. Martín-López, T.M. Daw, E.L. Bohensky, J.R.A. Butler, R. Hill, J. Martin-Ortega, A. Quinlan, F. Ravera, I. Ruiz-Mallén, M. Thyresson, J. Mistry, I. Palomo, G.D. Peterson, T. Plieninger, K.A. Waylen, D.M. Beach, I.C. Bohnet, M. Hamann, J. Hanspach, K. Hubacek, S. Lavorel, S.P. Vilardy
4. Measuring and assessing resilience: broadening understanding through multiple disciplinary perspectives Author(s): Quinlan, A. E., Berbés-Blázquez, M., Haider, L. J., Peterson, G. D.
5. Dwelling in the biosphere: exploring an embodied human–environment connection in resilience thinking Author(s): Cooke, B., S. West, W.J. Boonstra
6. The trajectory of the Anthropocene: The Great Acceleration Author(s): Steffen, W., W. Broadgate, L. Deutsch, O. Gaffney, C. Ludwig
7. Collaborative Networks for Effective Ecosystem-Based Management: A Set of Working Hypotheses Author(s): Bodin, Ö., Sandström, A. and Crona, B.
8. Resilience assessment: a useful approach to navigate urban sustainability challenges Author(s): Sellberg, M. M., C. Wilkinson, G. D. Peterson
9. Why Ecologists Should Care About Financial Markets Author(s): Galaz, V., J. Gars, F. Moberg, B. Nykvist, C. Repinski
10. Insurance Value of Green Infrastructure in and Around Cities Green, T.L., Kronenberg, J., Andersson, E., Elmqvist, T. and Gómez-Baggethun, E.
General news | 2018-03-19
In 2017, we surpassed one thousand published articles in peer-reviewed journals and we hosted the fourth international conference on resilience and sustainability science. Another year to be proud of, we think
Research news | 2018-03-14
Amid an increase in megacities, changes in ecosystems far away can affect local access to freshwater
Research news | 2018-03-12
Ten essentials for guiding action-oriented research on energy transformation and climate change
Research news | 2018-03-09
To celebrate International Women’s Day, we have been highlighting some of our women researchers at the centre. In our final profile this week, we showcase associate professor Beatrice Crona, whose work spans from small-scale fisheries governance to global drivers of change.
Research news | 2018-03-08
To celebrate International Women’s Day, we are highlighting some of our women researchers. We would now like to showcase Jennifer Hinton, a PhD candidate studying the social dynamics of a sustainable biophysical resource economy
Research news | 2018-03-08
New method to map livelihood benefits of ecosystem services for guiding future land use decisions in the Sahel