Every year we receive hundreds of requests for publications where centre researchers are first- or co-authors. Below are the ten most frequently requested. Thank you for your requests!
1. Planetary boundaries: guiding human development on a changing planet Author(s): Steffen, W., K. Richardson, J. Rockström, S.E. Cornell, I. Fetzer, E.M. Bennett, R. Biggs, S.R. Carpenter, W. De Vries, C.A. De Wit, C. Folke, D. Gerten, J. Heinke, G.M. Mace, L.M. Persson, V. Ramanathan, B. Reyers, S. Sörlin
2. Natural capital and ecosystem services informing decisions: From promise to practice Author(s): Guerry, A.D., S. Polasky, J. Lubchenco, R. Chaplin-Kramer, G.C. Daily, R. Griffin, M. Ruckelshaus, I.J. Bateman, A. Duraiappah, T. Elmqvist, M.W. Feldman, C. Folke, J. Hoekstra, P.M. Kareiva, B.L. Keeler, S. Li, E. McKenzie, Z. Ouyang, B. Reyers, T.H. Ricketts, J. Rockström, H. Tallis, B. Vira
3. Participatory scenario planning in place-based social-ecological research: Insights and experiences from 23 case studies Author(s): Oteros-Rozas, E., B. Martín-López, T.M. Daw, E.L. Bohensky, J.R.A. Butler, R. Hill, J. Martin-Ortega, A. Quinlan, F. Ravera, I. Ruiz-Mallén, M. Thyresson, J. Mistry, I. Palomo, G.D. Peterson, T. Plieninger, K.A. Waylen, D.M. Beach, I.C. Bohnet, M. Hamann, J. Hanspach, K. Hubacek, S. Lavorel, S.P. Vilardy
4. Measuring and assessing resilience: broadening understanding through multiple disciplinary perspectives Author(s): Quinlan, A. E., Berbés-Blázquez, M., Haider, L. J., Peterson, G. D.
5. Dwelling in the biosphere: exploring an embodied human–environment connection in resilience thinking Author(s): Cooke, B., S. West, W.J. Boonstra
6. The trajectory of the Anthropocene: The Great Acceleration Author(s): Steffen, W., W. Broadgate, L. Deutsch, O. Gaffney, C. Ludwig
7. Collaborative Networks for Effective Ecosystem-Based Management: A Set of Working Hypotheses Author(s): Bodin, Ö., Sandström, A. and Crona, B.
8. Resilience assessment: a useful approach to navigate urban sustainability challenges Author(s): Sellberg, M. M., C. Wilkinson, G. D. Peterson
9. Why Ecologists Should Care About Financial Markets Author(s): Galaz, V., J. Gars, F. Moberg, B. Nykvist, C. Repinski
10. Insurance Value of Green Infrastructure in and Around Cities Green, T.L., Kronenberg, J., Andersson, E., Elmqvist, T. and Gómez-Baggethun, E.
Research news | 2018-05-21
Four cases of participatory foresight exercises show impact is not a given. Here’s how to fix it
Research news | 2018-05-17
Applying Elinor Ostrom’s principles on common pool resources management demonstrates how forest management in the Pamir Mountains may not be so tragic after all. But Soviet era legacy lingers, new research shows
Research news | 2018-05-14
To create change in coastal districts of Kenya and Mozambique, dominant narratives must be challenged by stories rooted in people’s lived experiences
Research news | 2018-04-26
Construction of roads and water channels across Colombia’s Ciénaga Grande de Santa Marta wetlands has altered the landscape to the point of surpassing mangrove ecosystem tipping points
Research news | 2018-04-26
Over 100 scientists, architects, journalists, artists, designers and activists provide perspectives on what future urban sustainability should look like
Research news | 2018-04-19
New study of UNESCO biosphere reserves sheds light on how people learn to live with social-ecological complexity